princess tutu! a great show that i really need to rewatch.
My favorite stock artists on deviantArt, for my own reference, but also in case anyone wants some pretty sweet stock images (though most of these people are fairly well-known).
- ahrum-stock has the most insane poses. Seriously HQ dude.
- mjranum-stock has an incredible range of poses, costumes, models, lighting, and angles. Also verrryyyy HQ.
- senshistock has so many stock photos available it blows my mind. Not many different setups, but she always has unique poses and props.
- fairiegoodmother I just think the female model is really pretty.
- yellow-stock more pretty ladies, I’m sensing a pattern.
- felixdeon this dude has some of the weirdest gay fetish stock ever (that’s not true) but he also has an extensive gallery of male nude stock photos which is pretty hard to come by (heh heh come by).
Probably will add to this later as I rediscover photos. Enjoy if anyone is so inclined.
SenshiStock’s gallery consists of millions of pictures that are free to use as reference.
General Drawing Poses
Sit and Kneel
Dramatic and Reaching Drawing Poses
Magic and Hogwarts Drawing Poses
Staff Weapon Pose Reference
Hammer, Axe and Bat Pose Reference
Sword Weapon Drawing Reference
Small Bladed Weapon Pose Reference
Gun Weapon Pose Reference
Bow and Arrow Archery Stock
Foreshortening and Perspective Poses
Dynamic Flying Falling Action Poses
Deafeated or Laying Drawing Poses
Magical Girl Wand Weapon
Transformations and Dance
Back Pose Reference
Pin Up Inspired Poses for Drawing
Life in General Poses
Fights and Fighting Pose Reference
Classic Sailor Senshi Poses
Sailor Moon Villains
Romance or Couples Pose Reference
All the Male Stock
Hanging Stock Drawing Reference
Three or More Groups
Trakoclock asked:Hey, if you don’t mind sharing, I’ve always wondered how you got that soft celling look on your characters in your comic. Any tips? I’m currently working on my own comic and I kind of want to go for a less harsh form of cell shading. Thanks!
A couple people have asked about the way I color things and I’ve been meaning to post a tutorial on it :]. I’ve never been too good at describing my process, but I hope this helps!
- everything you need to know about pixel art and how to start (best one so far)
- pixel art, what is it?
- an introduction to pixel art by richard janes
- 2D will never die’s tutorials page
- ultrashock’s pixel art tutorials: part i | part ii | part iii | part iv
- wikihow’s become a pixel artist
- great list of 30 tutorials
- create a 3D characters from pixel art
the big list of pixel art tutorials by pixelprospector
pixel art tutorials
- HUGE Collection of Pixel Art Tutorials (pixeljoint)
- Pixel Art Tutorials (Derek Yu)
- Pixel Art Tutorial (Natomic / Mark)
- Big Collection of Pixel Art Tutorials (Gas 13)
- Pixel Art (drbubu)
- Pixel Tutorial (Final Boss Blues)
- Pixel Art Tutorials (deviantART)
- More Pixel Art Tutorials (TIGSource Forums)
- Even More Pixel Art Tutorials (Pixel-Zone / Some dead links…)
- Learning Pixel Art (Black Golem)
- A Beginner’s Guide To Spriting (TIGSource Forums)
- 2D Tile Art Basics (Flash Game Dojo)pixel art inspiration
- HUGE collection of Pixel Art, Mockups and more from TIGSource forums!!
- Tzigla (a place for collaborative pixelated drawings in 100×100 pixel squares)
- Pixel Art Guild (site that features Pixel Art)
- Pixel Art Mega Thread (Something Awful Forums)
- Pixel Art Rebirth In Digital Animations (Game Comments)
- Hall of Fame for Games Featuring Outstanding Pixel Art (TIGSource Forums)pixel art forumsfreelance guide
- Pixel Art Freelance Guide (Adam “Atomic” Saltsman)graphic style analysis
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part I (Black Golem)
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part II (Black Golem)
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part III (Black Golem)tutorials about glowy graphics